RNA-Seq Analysis Part 2
This in-person, hands-on workshop is appropriate for students, staff, fellows and faculty working with transcriptomics data. This is the second part of a two-workshop series. Attendance at RNA-Seq Analysis Part1, or instructor permission, is required before taking this session. In this session you will learn how to quantitate gene expression (making count table), learn the logic behind the read COUNTS, FPKM, TPM, and understand how to do differential gene expression analysis. The primary focus will be on the hands-on analysis of differential gene expression with RNA-Seq data using RStudio, and specialized packages like DESeq. You will also learn how to make a PCA plot, MA plot, Volcano plot and heatmap.
- RNA-Seq Analysis Part 1 or instructor permission
- Attendees must bring a laptop to the session with the latest versions of R and RStudio installed (instructions to install the RStudio and various packages required for analysis will be provided via email before the session).
- Wednesday, November 3, 2021
- 10:00AM - 12:00PM
- Room 3005, MR5 (Biomedical Engineering and Medical Science Building)
- Pankaj Kumar, PhD and Gladys Andino, PhD