Introduction to Docker Containers
What are containers? What are they used for? This workshop will cover the basics of containers and explain why they’ve become so popular with software developers and administrators. Users will work directly with container images pulled from Docker Hub and build their own in class using Docker files. Particular attention will be given to how containers are useful to research, and to making our computing tools more portable and shareable.
- Familiarity with the bash environment is required.
- Familiarity with logging into remote servers is a plus (but not required).
- Install Docker Community Edition on your laptop: https://www.docker.com/
- Tuesday, October 31, 2017
- 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- Health Sciences Library Carter Classroom
- Neal Magee, School of Medicine Research Computing